Want to add lemon to the diet and looking for some convincing reasons for this, well this is one such fruit that comes loaded with all those miraculous antioxidants and flavonoids that can help you deal with some major and minor health issues in a jiffy. As we all know lemon comes loaded with Vitamin C and apart from that tangy taste, it is going to help you retain idyllic body weight and enjoy proper digestion too. Originally WomensHealth Mag picked up this topic.
If you are someone who is looking for evidence based facts to add lemon to your diet, please go through the below mentioned pointers carefully.
- Lemon Support Healthy Heart: Presence of vitamin C in lemon makes it a perfect fruit for the ones who want their heart to stay and beat healthily. Along wit vitamin C, there are present lots of fibrous components that help reduce blood cholesterol levels
- Lemon Helps Prevent Kidney Stones From Forming: With so many people being diagnosed with kidney stones, adding lemon water to the daily diet comes of great help. the citric acid present in lemon does not allow the stones to form by cutting down on the pH level of urine
- Lemon Helps You Retain Healthy Body Weight: We all have seen lemon being advertised as a weight loss food, all that hype is correct as intake of lemon water makes us feel fuller and thus restricts the intake of any excessive calories.
- Lemon Protects You From Becoming Anemic: Not many know that lemons contain a good amount of iron and this when goes into the body helps one from becoming anemic. Another fact that has been proven by science is that the citric acid present in lemon helps body obtain and absorb all that iron from meats and fishes that would else go unutilized
- Lemon Can Help Prevent Cancer: With compounds such as naringenin and limonene present in lemon, it is found to work as an anti-cancer agent. Not only this, various studies have shown that regular intake of lemon prevents malignant tumors from developing in lungs, mouth and tongue.
Adding lemon to the daily diet is not at all tough, you can have lemon water or squeeze it over salads or just add it to the mocktails. So, now that you are aware of the health benefits, get going and buy these to get the health benefits.
Thinking of lemon only gives us that tangy feeling in the head, but this is not the only trait that makes it a super food item. We all would agree to the fact that the use of lemon has been there for decades and decades now and the best part about this is that it acts as a wonder ingredient that promises to add to the health of our colon, skin, hair and what not.
There are lots of effectual benefits attached to the intake of lemon, it gives you that healthy colon that is free from all those toxins, it helps you burn extra fat and even helps deal with serious health issues such as hypertension and rheumatism.
Regular intake of lemon is going to make your immunity levels reach high and it is also going to purify your blood. These were few benefits of adding lemon to the diet; let us check out at these one by one.
- With enough dosage of vitamin C, A, copper, iron, zinc, folate, phosphorus and calcium, this is a super food that promises to give you that healthy body and active mind
- Lemon contains flavanoids and this is what makes it so beneficial for the health as its intake
provides body with enough amount of antioxidants required for its proper functioning
- Cancer fighting properties of cancer make it a fruit that each one of use needs to consume on daily basis without a fail
- The ones who often meddle with constipation and indigestion should try and have lemon water as first thing in the morning and soon they will see their digestive tract acting in a normal way
- Lemon when given to someone suffering from fever and chills brings instant relief as it increases the amount of perspiration thus bringing down the body temperature
- Lemon when used in dental care on regular basis will help one stay away from gum infections, just ensure that you rinse it out well
- Lemon when applied to the scalp helps fight fungal infections and helps one get rid of dandruff
- Lemon juice when used in face packs makes wrinkles and fine lines go invisible in shortest possible span of time as it comes loaded with natural bleaching properties
With so much there in that tangy looking fruit, we should try and consume at least one lemon on daily basis to enjoy most of the heath benefits attached.
Lemon is known to cure various ailments such as common cold, flu, weight issues, constipation and cholera etc. Lemon is rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1 (thiamine) and B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Folate, Niacin and minerals such as phosphorus and potassium etc.
Lemon is also a good source for increasing the immunity and treats various other digestion related problems such as heartburn, bloating, liver problems etc.
These are some of the uses of lemon that are much known among the masses. But do you know that lemon has its miraculous effects on skin as well?
Lemon is considered to be a skin lightening ingredient. If used properly on daily basis, you will see the results over the period of time.
Methods of using lemon for skin lightening:
If you follow the routine of using cleanser on your skin before the bedtime, then it is the time that you replace your expensive chemically manufactured cleanser with lemon juice and honey. Or if you insist on using cleanser, simply add 1 tsp of lemon juice to your regular skin cleanser and clean your face gently. Try to keep your eye area safe from lemon juice as it may cause burning sensation or irritation to the eyes.
After 1-2 minutes of cleansing, just wash your face with normal water. In place cleanser you can even use lemon juice with the scrub. But scrub is not required to be done every night so cleanser is considered to be the best option.
Use a mild moisturizer or toner to hydrate your skin after the above process.
This process can show results of skin lightening gradually. While the natural treatments are considered to take time, their effects are considered to be permanent on your skin if you maintain the healthy regime. Also, they do not have any side effects.
Lemon gives freshness to the skin. The above process can be used on any part of the body which is affected by darkness or tanning. The presence of Vitamin C in lemon gives it anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties that make it useful for skin.
Lemon is known for its tangy taste and various benefits on health. The most widely known usage of lemons is their weight reduction properties. Drinking lemon on an empty stomach on a regular basis is considered to be a promising weight loss solution. Lemon is supposed to fasten our metabolism rate which causes the unwanted fat to melt and get converted into energy.
The use of lemon in cooking is considered to be beneficial for stomach as its acidic properties react with the alkaline mood of food and neutralize the acidity causing elements. There are various other health benefits of lemon that make it a necessary household name.
If you consume lemon water every day, your blood gets purified and you experience smooth bowel movements as well as a clear stomach leading to a clear skin. Lemon is a store of vitamin C. Lemon cleanses the liver and removes its toxins to provide relief from the gastronomical issues and maintain a healthy liver.
The best part about drinking lemon with warm water is that there are allergic reactions to it. Instead the lemon intake increases our immunity and provides us reluctance against common cold, cough, asthma etc.
Sore throat can also be treated with the help of lemon water (water) by gargling with it. Here are some tips that can help you tackle various ailments with the help of homemade lemon recipes:
Asthma- 1 hour before every meal, take 1 tsp lemon juice
Liver issues- mix 1 tsp lemon in hot water and drink 1 hour before breakfast
Flu- intake 1 tsp lemon juice + hot water and at the same time immerse your feet in water having added mustard to it
Heartburn- drink water on adding 1 tsp lemon juice
Bad digestion: drink fresh lemon water every day 2 times a day. Add honey if needed.
Wrinkled foot and heels: rub your feet with lemon zest or fresh lemon juice. Dip them in hot water for 15 minutes. Pat it dry with a towel and apply moisturizer. If you want to remove the dead skin, use exfoliate to scrub your feet gently after 10 minutes.
There is no freshness like that of lemons! The aroma of fresh lemons is capable of rejuvenating the aura of any ambience. This fruit is considered as the rich source of vitamin C and has various health benefits related to its usage.
Do you know that lemon can be used as an alternate to chemotherapy? However the scientists are still carrying on this research to devise some methodical ways to cure cancer. Here we will discuss a few other usages of lemon that will enhance the importance of this citrus fruits in our lives:
- The antibacterial properties of lemons help in rejuvenating the skin and improving its texture and radiance. There are various packs and remedies that include lemon as main ingredient to cure skin problems such as acne, marks, ageing signs, tanning, glow etc. Lemon works wonder if used regularly on the skin for removing dust and dirt.
- Lemon is known for helping people to reduce their extra pounds off their body. Drinking a glass of lukewarm lemon water every morning on an empty stomach blended with honey ascertains the reduction in weight over the period of time. It purifies the blood and helps in regulating the bowel movements too.
- The ailments such as diarrhea, cholera, malaria and bad stomach etc can be treated with the help of lemon.
- Lemons help in improving the immunity with the help of its antibacterial properties.
- Lemons are beneficial for gums and teeth; can significantly reduce bleeding of gums on the application and gives relief in toothache.
- If you suffer from bad mouth odour or bad odour in under arms, you can use to get relieved from it. There are various mouth fresheners and soaps that come in lemon flavor significantly for this reason.
- Gargling with lemon water helps in combating throat infection.
- Lemon gives a very sharp, tangy taste to the food while it is being cooked. It compensates for the artificial spices and improves the taste of curries and meals.
- Lemon can be used as a room freshener if a bowl of lemons are kept in the corner of the room. It keeps the flies and unwanted insects away and maintains the hygiene levels.
For most people who enjoy growing their hair, there are a few conditions they are likely to suffer from including damaged hair, dryness, and dandruff among many more. Fortunately, there is a ton of natural remedies that can be used to remedy most of these conditions. For example, lemon has been found effective in improving the health of your hair follicles. In addition, lemon juice is without a doubt the best when it comes to alleviating some of the common hair health problems.
Lemon juice has for ages been advertised as a natural ingredient that is extremely effective in maintaining your hair. Most people looking for natural shampooing options or looking for an alternative for your hair care products are now embracing the use of lemon as the preferred hair car routine.
What are the different uses of lemon as a hair care product?
1. Drink Lemon Juice
Hair has been found to hold a wide range of toxins that damages strands. By regularly drinking lemon juice, you will be able to eliminate the toxins thus keeping the hair healthy and extremely strong. In most cases, this will help grow your hair effectively.
2. Soak Hair in Lemon Juice
Besides helping the stands, lemon juice has also been found to keep your hair safe from any external harm. By soaking your hair in lemon juice, you will easily eliminate any built up material such as shampoo or any other styling products that makes your hair heavy and limp. Soaking hair in lemon juice is also an effective way for you to get rid of any excess oils without having to strip away too much of the natural oils that are crucial for your hair to keep its ends strong and well maintained.
3. Massage the scalp
Massing lemon juice into your scalp is an effective way for you to remove any available buildup. This is without a doubt an effective way for you to fight the annoying dandruff that makes your scalp itchy and very uncomfortable. It is also a great way for you to get rid of the buildup on your scalp thus helping you to grow your hair more effectively.
It is important to keep in mind that lemon juice is acid and you should always take the necessary precaution before applying the juice to your skin.