Want to add lemon to the diet and looking for some convincing reasons for this, well this is one such fruit that comes loaded with all those miraculous antioxidants and flavonoids that can help you deal with some major and minor health issues in a jiffy. As we all know lemon comes loaded with Vitamin C and apart from that tangy taste, it is going to help you retain idyllic body weight and enjoy proper digestion too. Originally WomensHealth Mag picked up this topic.
If you are someone who is looking for evidence based facts to add lemon to your diet, please go through the below mentioned pointers carefully.
- Lemon Support Healthy Heart: Presence of vitamin C in lemon makes it a perfect fruit for the ones who want their heart to stay and beat healthily. Along wit vitamin C, there are present lots of fibrous components that help reduce blood cholesterol levels
- Lemon Helps Prevent Kidney Stones From Forming: With so many people being diagnosed with kidney stones, adding lemon water to the daily diet comes of great help. the citric acid present in lemon does not allow the stones to form by cutting down on the pH level of urine
- Lemon Helps You Retain Healthy Body Weight: We all have seen lemon being advertised as a weight loss food, all that hype is correct as intake of lemon water makes us feel fuller and thus restricts the intake of any excessive calories.
- Lemon Protects You From Becoming Anemic: Not many know that lemons contain a good amount of iron and this when goes into the body helps one from becoming anemic. Another fact that has been proven by science is that the citric acid present in lemon helps body obtain and absorb all that iron from meats and fishes that would else go unutilized
- Lemon Can Help Prevent Cancer: With compounds such as naringenin and limonene present in lemon, it is found to work as an anti-cancer agent. Not only this, various studies have shown that regular intake of lemon prevents malignant tumors from developing in lungs, mouth and tongue.
Adding lemon to the daily diet is not at all tough, you can have lemon water or squeeze it over salads or just add it to the mocktails. So, now that you are aware of the health benefits, get going and buy these to get the health benefits.